…in case you didn’t know. Keep an eye on our web page for any future details.
The Whiskey River Band is playing at Cozy Hills Campground. Welp, turns out they have wifi and Greg has his laptop. So – stop in and catch the show all night long until 10:00 PM! Join the chat room, have a blast and party in the cyber-world with us!
Oh yeah, here’s the link:
Here’s a recording of the show. The sound is a bit off since the Macbook Pro was sitting on top of my Leslie! ;-)
Here’s the first set of pix from our first show. Check them out! http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=172043&id=502823325&l=580d13fbec
…for the first show with the new line up? You better be, ‘cuz we’re taking over J.C. Hooks in Waterbury this Friday!
550 Chase Avenue
Waterbury, CT 06704-1904
Stop on down and Rock Out with The Whiskey River Band!
As you may have noticed, things keep changing around here. Things are going well with the new system that is up and going on our server. Now we’re fixing the last of the bugs and making things look good. The forums and other pages will be back up soon. I’ll be fixing the bug that prevents users from changing their picture soon, too. Thanks for visiting our site and we’ll see ya at a show soon!
WRB has been through some changes over the years and the past several months have been no different. As 2010 opens, it marks the return of two former members back to their rightful place in the WRB family. Virginia born and bred Tyrone Tompkins is back on the bass guitar for his second tour of duty with the band. He’ll be teaming up with Jacksonville, Florida’s “Jammin’” Jimmy Bossie on the drums. Jimmy has logged more time behind the skins for the WRB, than anybody in the band’s twenty plus year history. We are also, excited and pleased to welcome veteran guitar slinger Tom Taggart to the band. Tom’s unique combination of virtuosity and feel has allowed the band to take on it’s new streamlined approach. The group is rounded out by the long standing dynamic duo of Greg Johnson on keyboards and Tom McLear on vocals and harmonica. The band’s new lineup, is fresh and familiar all at the same time. Armed with their most versatile set list ever, the boys are poised to take the WRB to a whole new audience, while keeping their faithful followers happily riding the “Whiskey Train.”
New cover songs include:
- ALLMAN BROTHERS - SOUTHBOUND, MINIGHT RIDER, BLUE SKY, ONE WAY OUT
- ATLANTA RHYTHM SECTION – SO INTO YOU
- BLACKFOOT – TRAIN, TRAIN
- BLUES BROTHERS – FLIP FLOP FLY, HEY BARTENDER, SOUL MAN,
- DELBERT MCCLINTON – GIVIN IT UP FOR YOUR LOVE, SHAKY GROUND
- LYNYRD SKYNYRD – THAT SMELL, SIMPLE MAN, SWEET HOME ALABAMA, CALL ME THE BREEZE, I KNOW A LITTLE
- MARSHALL TUCKER – 24 HOURS, TAKE THE HIWAY, HEARD IT A LOVE SONG,
- MARVIN GAYE – HOW SWEET IT IS
- MOLLY HATCHET – ITS ALL OVER NOW
- ROGER MILLER – KING OF THE ROAD
- OTIS REDDING – HARD TO HANDLE
- IDES OF MARCH – VEHICLE
- SANTANA – SMOOTH
- JOE COCKER – FEELIN ALRIGHT, YOU CAN LEAVE HAT ON UNCHAIN MY HEART
- STEVIE WONDER – SUPERSTITION
- DOOBIE BROTHERS – LONG TRAIN
- J. GEILS BAND – HOUSEPARTY, GIVE IT TO ME, MUSTA GOT LOST
We’ve got a new web system (finally) up and going. Watch yourself around here. Things are changing fast…